For the marinade:
– about 1 tsp grated ginger
– Zest and juice of half lime and half lemon
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped finely
– Sea salt & freshly grinded black pepper
– Mix together and cover to infuse for 4 hours.
Preparing the Halibut
2 large halibut and sliced into 1 Â½” thickness.
Ask your fishmonger to slice the fish for you.
Brush both sides of the halibut
Let it stand for 2 hrs turning once
Grill in hot griddle.
Spoon over left over marinade to the fish.
BETTER TO UNDERCOOK THE FISH THAN OVERCOOK!!!
When I took my first bite, my mind drifted to the Caribbean. The taste of the cilantro brought me back to this small local restaurant at Falmouth Harbour, Antigua. When we were there, hardly any foreigners sit in this local place but we did, it serves local fish and rice with beans. This place, Josephine is on the road towards Falmouth Harbour and English Harbour, where Nelsonâ€™s dockyard, a British Naval yard for the warships in the 18th century is located.