Cookie Swap SHF/IMBB
When I opened Boston’s Master Baker’s Site aka Stel and saw gingerbread babies I knew I have missed the deadline. SHF asked food bloggers or any bloggers for their cookie recipe for a virtual cookie swap. Sounds exciting?
Whenever I have time, I bake batches of assorted of cookies and give them away as presents. Other than having fun baking , I look for cellophanes, boxes, tins and fancy bows to present the cookies as presents. Labour of love indeed!
This year I am slightly behind, so this means I cannot send cookies out of Athens this time. But since my sister has been asking for the recipe, I will post this recipe just to have fun. I baked these Spitzbuebe on the 24th of December last year.Since it was just me,my sister and Nick for the holidays, I did not bake a lot. Just few of the favourites. Spitzbuebe is mostly found in Swiss bakeries but this one with raspberry jams in the middle is made around Christmas time.
1) Whisk butter until smooth, add sugar and stir until creamy
2) Add the rest of the ingredients
3) Work it together till you form a soft dough
4) Cool in fridge for 1 hr at least
5) Roll dough flat about 5mm and cut with round cookie cutters (for every cookie cut out a pair with a hole in the centre)
6) Lay on greased tray and bake for 15 mins
7) Spread the cookie with jam and lay the pair on top
8) Sprinkle with powdered sugar
I did not cut all the dough into round cookies, I used my angel, christmas tree shaped cutters for the rest of it.
I will be baking soon. I just took the cookies cutters out made my shopping list. Send the elves Santa.